|Affiliation||Imperial Japanese Navy|
|Main Guns||5 turrets|
|Sub Guns||4 turrets, 16 guns in casemates; symmetrical arrangement|
|REXP Gain Rate||5%|
The Amagi-class battlecruisers were part of the Imperial Japanese Navy's Eight-Eight Fleet plan. Following the restrictions of the 1922 Washington Naval Treaty, two of the ships, Amagi and Akagi, were to be reconstructed as aircraft carriers. Amagi was scrapped after sustaining heavy damage during an earthquake, but Akagi was successfully reconstructed as an aircraft carrier. Akagi went on to serve in the IJN's dreaded Kido Butai and was ultimately sunk during the Battle of Midway in 1942.
In-game, Amagi essentially is an up-gunned version of the Nagato-class battleship, equipped with the same 16"/45 3rd Year Type guns, but with one extra turret.
- High range for a level 47 ship.
- Decent damage per salvo, along with fast reload speed.
- High top speed, can be made to go even faster.
- Low damage per shot. Low accuracy.
- Weak armor, even weaker when modified for high speed.
- Underwhelming turning response for a battlecruiser.